You may be keeping your home in tip top way, but there are still many tasks to be done to make your home presentable for some important guests. In that case, you can contact Select Home Cleaning, a professional house cleaning company servicing Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Tauranga and Christchurch, and they will arrange expert cleaners for your special house cleaning needs.
Do you like to have a welcoming environment for your holiday guests? Then use the following checklist to delight your guests in a more relaxed way.
Clean and prepare your Guest room: If you have a separate or dedicated guest room, it will take less time than preparing your home-office or one of your kids’ room for the guests.
In the dedicated guest room you have to do the following:
- Dust and vacuum or do the usual mop.
- Put fresh linens on the bed.
- Place extra pillows and blankets in a readily accessible place.
- Clear an area or spot for the luggage and other items in the room.
- Provide enough drawer space and enough number of cloth hangers.
- Keep the sockets available on each side of the bed.
- Empty and keep tidy the wastebasket.
- Place a box of tissues in the nightstand.
Reduce the clutter to the minimum by keeping away all the paperwork in your home-office or the loose toys in your kid’s room if you’re going to use it as the guest room. Remove all the items that you or the regular occupant need during your guests’ stay in the room so that the guest may have a space for their own use. Complete the preparation of the guest room by adding fresh flowers of the season to the nightstands if they are not allergic, a night lamp to the bathroom for late trips and a welcome note that specifies the password to your wi-fi connection. If your guests are coming and going on their own, it is essential to leave an extra key for them.
Prepare your Guest bath: Many people do bathroom cleaning in two levels. The first one is immediate cleaning by the family, and the second one is doing it with a Home Cleaning Company. If you have not done the company clean in recent times, it’s advisable to call Select Home Cleaning to ensure proper hygienic standards.
If the guest bath is professionally cleaned lately, it’ll make your task easy. You need to then just do some casual cleaning such as:
- Remove all the washable items; clean the windows; dust the blinds; clean and wipe the mirrors and countertop containers.
- Use appropriate cleaning products to clean the cabinet and countertops.
- Scrub the tub walls, shower, floor and toilet with hard bristle brush.
- Sweep and mop the room floor with appropriate products.
- Replace the rugs and other laundered items freshly after washing.
- De-clutter the bathroom as much as you could. Move the items that are not frequently used to the inner cabinets and create more space for the guests.