Everyone loves a clean and sparkling kitchen. However, in a bid to clean it, we often land up committing mistakes. Given below are some of the most common kitchen cleaning errors and omissions we commit due to negligence and lack of knowledge-
- Ignoring handles and knobs- Most of us tend to ignore the importance of cleaning handles and knobs of our kitchen. The knobs on the oven, fridge, microwave etc. are used several times a day. If they are not cleaned or wiped, they become rich sources of bacteria and infection. Make it a habit of wiping these often neglected areas every night to properly disinfect your kitchen.
- Clean your kitchen sink- This is another area of your kitchen not given due attention. If you miss cleaning your kitchen sink, it becomes a thriving ground for germs and bacteria. For cleaning the kitchen sink, use warm water and sponge soaked with soap.
- Coffee machine and grinder- This appliance is more used than cleaned. You can clean it by using two parts of water and one part of white vinegar through the cycle of the brew. Make sure you rinse the appliance till you do not smell the vinegar. This has to be done for a few rounds. Cleaning the appliance once a month will do.
- Garbage disposal- Wash the garbage disposal bin regularly. You dispose garbage daily but small chunks of particles and food do remain behind.
- Never place sharp knives in the dishwasher- You should never place sharp knives in the dishwasher. Knives wear faster when they are placed in the dishwasher. To prolong its life and functionality, always hand-wash a knife.
- Clean your oven- It is very important for you to clean your oven on a regular basis. This may look a difficult task at first, but here’s a way to make it simple. All you have to do is spray the inside of the oven with an all-purpose cleaner and allow it to settle in overnight. In the morning, you should clean the black spots and the grime. For the racks, place them inside a large garbage bag and spray the cleaner on them. Let the cleaner settle in them overnight. You can clean them with soap and rinse them dry the following morning.
- Clean your reusable grocery bags- We use our grocery bags often to buy vegetables and fruits. However, we forget to wash and clean them. They collect dirt and can be a good source of bacteria and virus infections. It is important for you to take note of this and ensure they are cleaned frequently with soap and water.
Now, you know the common kitchen cleaning wrong practices we generally commit. It is important to tackle them in a proper way if you wish to live in a healthy and safer home. In case you do not have time to address these small but difficult issues, you can call over professional kitchen cleaning New Zealand experts like Select Home Cleaning to do the task for you. These house cleaning specialists will take care of all the dirt and grime in your kitchen to make it clean and hygienic. To contact them, please visit website.