Everybody has to face a lot of housekeeping challenges during the winter period! Well, this is rightly the season for you to roll up your sleeves and do a bit of winter cleaning too. Observe these quick tips that will help you tidy your cluttered mess and keep diseases away from your home!
- As we are into the middle of winter season, it’s good to declutter the house again. Make sure that the summer accessories that you have packed are kept oragnised- Are the labels intact? Do you see any accumulation of dust or mould?
- Concentrate more on the front door, after all that’s the threshold to your dwelling. Arrange a few bench/chair to relax. Might sound weird to some, but having a place to sit on while removing or wearing shoes will make things much better.
- How about opting also for some rugs at the front door? Sounds interesting, right? Leave alone the aesthetic part, rugs could also be for safety purposes - wipe melted snow off your shoes and prevent you from slipping/falling.
- With winter come hats, gloves, shoes, hats and scarves. Deciding a designated spot for these winter accessories will help you easily find them the next time you hunt.
- Now comes your next tip! It could be drawers, bins, racks, cubbies, baskets—pick anything that fancies you and store your hats, gloves, scarves, etc. To make it easier for you, go on labelling, like post on your hubby’s and children’s names across their bin for each type of accessory.
- Be clutter free! Get hold of hooks or a coat rack. This will obviously give you enough space to keep your coats and backpacks in order. Also hanging your coats this way will help your jackets breathe more air and avoid getting musty.
- After all those simple but effective decluttering ideas, here’s a lovely tip for you to refresh your mind. Keep your windows frost-free by washing them witha mixture of one quart warm water and half a cup of rubbing alcohol.
Being mess and clutter free will certainly makes a healthy and a happy family. You don’t have to hunt for a missing glove nor should you be panicky of bacteria or fungi breeding your heaped up clothes. You won’t require a professional’s help if you follow these few winter tips! Get going now, take up the role of a trained and experienced home cleaner and ensure a non-toxic, safe family!