Well, the Christmas holidays are on the doorstep. Now, with our experience as a reputed house cleaning service in New Zealand and Australia, we know the last minute frantic calls from customers regarding home cleaning before and after Christmas parties.
Getting appointment of an affordable home cleaning company in New Zealand possibly with a seasonal discount for prior booking is perhaps the best option to celebrate Christmas tension-free. It doesn’t matter if you’re receiving guests/neighbours, or hosting a family party.
However, if you have decided to manage it yourself, here are a few home cleaning and organising tips for the season. You can be proud to have a clean, organised house during pre and post Christmas parties, if you pay attention to these tips. They are suggestions for how to stay in control of your housework during the holiday season.
Welcome the holidays with peace of mind. Ensure that you have all the cleaning materials in your home stock got replenished to handle the chunks of dirt, spills and grease, particularly on the kitchen floor that are peculiar to Christmas time!
Festival Cleaning Tips: Get Organised Ahead of Time
A thorough clean up before guests arrive for Christmas celebrations will make you relaxed and you can enjoy the festivities as everyone else. For this, you’ll have to decide whether you’ll do the cleaning yourself or call a professional home cleaner.
Cleaning of shower screen:
Mixed with white vinegar and a little elbow grease, and turned into a paste baking soda will act as a good cleaning agent. Apply the paste onto the shower screen and let it stay there for a few minutes then rinse off. Dry the screen with a glass cloth.
Keeping a checklist is the easiest way to ensure that you don’t miss any vital clean up. It also helps you to be confident and well organised.
Checklist for Christmas Cleaning
1. Ensure that your oven is cleaned and functioning properly.
Take two glass of water in a bowl and heat it in the oven maintaining around 200 degree C. The steam will soften the grime and dirt. Now switch off the oven and wait for it to cool. Take a damp cloth and sprinkle some baking soda and rock salt crystals into it and scrub the oven interiors. After about two hours, clean the oven with warm water and dry the interiors using a microfiber cloth.
2. You’ll be using some dishes, glassware, and cutlery set aside for the special occasion- so it’s time to take them out and give a nice clean.
3. To clean your non-fragile Christmas ornaments, use the vacuum cleaner with an old pair of stockings placed over its nozzle. But for the fragile ornaments, never use vacuum cleaner, instead dust them with a toothbrush or soft paintbrush.
4. Use antibacterial wipes to clean up dirty footprints, accidental spills etc. which kill almost 99% bacteria.
5. Wash your glassware in hot soapy water to get sparkling clean glasses.
6. After the Christmas celebration, it’s necessary to keep your home and the premises clean and clutter free. When removing and packing the decorations, clothes and other holiday items, think of donating the ones you no longer require.
7. If you are energetic and confident of a home cleaning routine after Christmas, nice; go ahead. You can still take help from family members to make an easy transition back to your normal cleaning routine. However, everybody will be exhausted and you may find it quite tedious to clean all those spills and clutter.
A reliable and affordable home cleaner will be the ideal person to help you out in this difficult situation managing the home cleaning task when Christmas comes to an end.