Cleaning your apartment balcony is surely not as hard as you think. Many of us live in high-rise apartments and these balconies give us the freedom to step out and get a breath of fresh air whenever we want. Balconies do have lot of advantages; however, since they are exposed to the elements outside, it is often tough for you to maintain a clean balcony with no dirt. Climatic influences make our apartment balconies prone to grime and dust.
Balconies are often a haven for birds that fly in and make their nests. You often find bits of grass and twigs lying here and there when these birds decide to make your balcony their home. They also add to your woes by leaving their droppings around the place and this doubles your troubles.
Balcony Cleaning- Not a mammoth task
As mentioned above, cleaning your balcony is not a daunting task if you are informed and aware of the right cleaning procedures. The following are some easy tips from Select Home Cleaning professionals for maintaining the space free from dirt, dust and grime-
- When you have decided to clean the balcony, the first thing you should do is remove all plants and furniture such as sitting chairs, benchtop etc. from it.
- For sweeping the balcony, it is wise to use brooms that have stiff hair. While doing so, be careful and do not be irresponsible enough to sweep the debris off the balcony. It will fall on the neighbour’s balcony underneath. Use a good quality dust pan to pick up the swept dust before disposing it wisely.
- Remember to clean the balcony walls and any glass doors before cleaning the balcony floors.
- For glass doors in the balcony, use a sponge. While wiping the door, minimize the possibility of streaking with the “S” hand movement. It cleans the door from top to bottom. If there are many stains, you can add some dishwashing solution to the sponge and get rid of the stains. Likewise remove the soap and water with a damp cloth and later dry it.
- The grills of your balcony also need attention. With time, the grills collect lot of dust and get stained. Stubborn stains have to be removed with a hard brush and concentrated solution. This will help you keep the grime at bay.
- The balcony wall is another area that needs more attention. You can clean the walls with an all-purpose cleaning solution and a stiff brush. The strokes you use should be downward. In case, the walls are too dirty, you can opt for professional home cleaning services to come over and do the job for you.
Choose Select Home Cleaning Services for a nice looking balcony
Cleaning your balcony requires much time and patience. As you may not have enough time to clean the balcony yourself, it’s often neglected. It is here you should opt for a trusted house cleaning service like Select Home Cleaning to take up the onus of not only balcony cleaning but the entire cleaning needs of your home. Call them today on 0800 000 907 if you do not have the time or inclination to clean your balcony or any part of the home yourself.
Select Home Cleaning professionals, servicing Wellington, Tauranga, Christchurch, Hamilton and Auckland, are quite affordable and skilled in every aspect of home cleaning!